Thursday, March 22, 2012

Argosy University

That I thoroughly dislike school is a well known and well established fact. However, Argosy University is really quite an excellent University. I'm always astounded that this school found me by chance. In an puny effort to find a scholarship I signed up for some weird website that I don't remember and it said that you had to pick a school in order for them to tell you about available scholarships. I looked at the list and it didn't have ANY of the schools I was thinking of attending. Namely T.W.U.; U.N.T. or U.T.A. But they did have Argosy as the first school on the list. I'd never heard of this school but figured what the heck I'll just put that school down and then try and get the scholarship. Well, a few weeks went by and I kept getting a phone call from a number I didn't recognize, so I wouldn't answer, they'd leave a message and I'd delete the message. Finally, tired of their pesteracious phone calls, I answered to tell them I wasn't interested. I talked to Mark and he is an excellent sale's person. He started talking to me and asking me about my career goals and such and when I mentioned I wanted to go into Elementary Education he said we don't offer that but we do offer Liberal Arts and Psychology. Ha, the two degrees that I personally feel are cop-outs because you don't know what you want to do. However he convinced me to at least come tour the school and see if I'd be interested. I went with my mom, which is strange because I've been too proud to involve my mom in any of my schooling decisions because: "I can do it myself!". What a joke, anyway I was very impressed with Marks presentation and when he pulled out the folder for a Liberal Arts degree I said, I really don't want to pursue that. He said, alright what would you like to pursue? Psychology, Business, Criminal Justice? Hmmm, Psychology, no, Business absolutely not, I do not have a mind for business, Criminal Justice because that sounds like the most interesting degree. Alright, let's do criminal justice. And the rest is history. Most of it is online, which is very difficult. Seriously I've never made such bad grades in my entire school career BUT, I've also never had such incredible teachers. Professor Benny Barrett has had the greatest influence of any teacher I've ever had. This man will always be a mentor of sorts for me. The way he presented the material with his experience was the best style of teaching I've ever experienced. All of my professors have at least 20 years of experience in the criminal justice field. This school is the best school for me and even though I hate being a student, I have to admit that this University is incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment